The Hymnal 1982 288
Praise to God, immortal praise
- Anna Laetitia Barbauld, 1743-1825
- Conrad Kocher, 1786-1872; William Henry Monk, 1823-1889
More information available on ritesong or Hymnary.org.
1. Praise to God, immortal praise, for the love that crowns our days; bounteous source of every joy, let thy praise our tongues employ: all to thee, our God, we owe, source whence all our blessings flow.
2. All the plenty summer pours; autumn's rich o'erflowing stores; flocks that whiten all the plain; yellow sheaves of ripened grain: Lord, for these our souls shall raise grateful vows and solemn praise.
3. As thy prospering hand hath blessed, may we give thee of our best; and by deeds of kindly love for thy mercies grateful prove; singing thus through all our days praise to God, immortal praise.