O come, let us sing unto the Lord
- [o come let us sing unto the lord]
- Thomas Attwood Walmisley, 1814-1856
1. O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
2. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and show ourselves glad in him with psalms. [Antiphon]
3. For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
4. In his hand are all the corners of the earth, and the strength of the hills is his also.
5. The sea is his and he made it, and his hands prepared the dry land. [Antiphon]
6. O come, let us worship and fall down and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
7. For he is the Lord our God, and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand. [Antiphon]
8. O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
9. For he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth, and with righteousness to judge the world and the peoples with his truth. [Antiphon]
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen. [Antiphon]