The Hymnal 1982 S283
You are God
- [you are god : we praise you]
- Martin Luther, 1583-1546
1. You are God: we praise you; You are the Lord: we acclaim you;
2. You are the eternal Father: All creation worships you.
3. To you all angels, all the powers of heaven, Cherubim and Seraphim sing in endless praise:
4. Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of poser and might, heaven and earth are full of you glory.
5. The glorious company of apostles praise you. The noble fellowship of prophets praise you. The white-robed army of martyrs praise you.
6. Throughout the world the holy Church acclaims you; Father, of majesty unbounded, your true and only Son, worthy of all worship, and the Holy Spirit, advocate and guide.
7. You, Christ, are the king of glory, the eternal Son of the Father.
8. When you became man to set us free you did not shun the Virgin's womb.
9. You overcame the sting of death and opened the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
10. You are seated at God's right hand in glory. We believe that you will come and be our judge.
11. Come then, Lord, and help you people, bought with the price of your own blood.
12. and bring us with your saints to glory everlasting.