The Hymnal 1982 S253
The Song of Simeon
- [lord, you now have set your servant free]
- Tune Source(s)
- Plainsong, Irregular Tone; Adapt. The Standing Committee on Chruch Music, 1979
1. Lord, you now have set your servant free to go in peace as you have promised;
2. For these eyes of mine have seen the Savior, whom you have prepared for all the world to see;
3. A Light to enlighten the nations, and the glory of your people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.