The Hymnal 1982 S252
The Song of Zechariah
- [blessed be the lord, the god of israel]
1. Blessed be the Lord god of Israel, for he hath visited and redeemed his people;
2. And hath raised up a might salvation for us in the house of his servant David,
3. As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
4. That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
5. To perform the mercy promised to our forefathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
6. to perform the oath which he sware to our forefather Abraham, that he would give us,
7. That we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
8. In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
9. And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest, for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
10. To give knowledge of salvation unto his people for the remission of their sins,
11. Through the tender mercy of our God, whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us;
12. To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.