The Hymnal 1982 S226
The Third Song of Isaiah
- [arise, shine, for your light has come]
- W. H. Longhurst, 1819-1904
1. Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has dawned upon you.
2. For behold, darkness covers the land; deep gloom enshrouds the peoples.
3. But over you the Lord will rise, and his glory will appear upon you.
4. Nations will stream to your light, and kings to the brightness of you dawning.
5. Your gates will always be open; by day or night they will never be shut.
6. They will call you, The City of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
7. Violence will no more be heard in your land, ruin or destructions will within your borders.
8. You will call your walls, Salvation, and all your portals, Praise.
9. The sun will no more be your light by day; by night you will not need the brightness of the moon.
10. The Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.