The Hymnal 1982 S222
The Second Song of Isaiah
- [seek the lord while he wills to be found]
- Norman Mealy, b. 1923
1. Seek the Lord while he wills to be found; call upon him when he draws near.
2. Let the wicked forsake their ways and the evil ones their thoughts;
3. And let them turn to the Lord, and he will have compassion, and to our God, for he will richly pardon.
4. For my thoughts are not our thoughts, nor your ways my ways, says the Lord.
5. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
6. For as rain and snow fall from the heavens and return not again, but water the earth,
7. Bringing forth life and giving growth, seed for sowing and bread for eating,
8. So it is my word that goes forth from my mouth; it will not return to me empty;
9. But it will accomplish that which I have purposed, and prosper in that for which I sent it.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.