The Hymnal 1982 S211
The Song of Moses
- [i will sing to the lord for he is lofty and uplifted]
- Henry Edward Dibdin, 1813-1866
Antiphon: Alleluia, alleluia, alleuia.
Antiphon in Lent and at the Easter Vigil: I will sing to the Lord for he has risen up in might
Antiphon in Easter Season: I will sing to the Lord for he has risen up in might, alleuia.
1. I will sing to the Lord, for he is lofty and uplifted; the horse and its rider has he hurled into the sea.
2. the Lord is my strength and my refuge; the Lord has become my Savior.
3. This is my God and I will praise him, the God of my people and I will exalt him.
4. The Lord is a mighty warrior; Yahweh is his Name.
5. The chariots of Pharaoh and his army has he hurled into the sea; the finest of those who bear armor have been droned in the Red Sea.
6. The fathomless deep has overwhelmed them; they sank into the depths like a stone.
7. Your right hand, O Lord, is glorious in might; your right hand, O Lord, has overthrown the enemy.
8. Who can be compared with you, O Lord, among the gods? who is like you, glorious in holiness, awesome in renown, and worker of wonders?
9. You stretched your right hand; the earth swallowed them up.
10. with your constant love you led the people you redeemed; with your might you brought them in safety to your holy dwelling.
11. You will bring them in and plant them on the mount of your possession,
12. The resting-place you have made for yourself, O Lord, the sanctuary, O Lord, that your hand has established.
13. The Lord shall reign for ever and for ever. [Ant.]
Glory to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. [Ant.]