The Hymnal 1982 S206
We Praise Thee
- [we praise thee, o god]
- Stephen Elvey, 1805-1860; Richard Farrant, 1525?-1580
1. We praise thee, O God; we acknowledge thee to be the Lord. All the earth doth worship thee, the Father everlasting.
2. To thee all Angels cry aloud, the Heavens and all the Powers therein. To thee Cherubim and Seraphim continually do cry:
3. Holy, holy holy, Lord God of Sabaoth; Heaven and earth are full of the majesty of thy glory.
4. The glorious company of the apostles praise thee. The goodly fellowship of the prophets praise thee.
5. The noble army of martyrs praise thee. The holy Church throughout all the world doth acknowledge thee,
6. the Father, of an infinite majesty, thine adorable, true, and only Son, also the Holy Ghost the Comforter.
7. Thou art the King of glory, O Christ. Thou art the everlasting Son of the Father.
8. When thou tookest upon thee to deliver man, thou didst humble thyself to be born of a Virgin.
9. When thou hadst overcome the sharpness of death, thou didst open the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
10. Thou sittest at the right hand of God, in the glory of the Father. We believe that thou shalt come to be our judge.
11. We therefore pray thee, help thy servants, whom thou hast redeemed with thy precious blood.
12. Make them to be numbered with thy saints, in glory everlasting.