The Hymnal 1982 S198
The Song of Simeon
- [lord now lettest thou thy servant]
- Frederick A. Gore Ouseley, 1825-1909
1. Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word;
2. For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, which thou hast prepared before the face of all people,
3. To be a light to lighten the Gentiles, and to be the glory of thy people Israel.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.