The Hymnal 1982 S187
The Song of Mary
- [my soul doth magnify the lord]
- Samuel Wesley, 1766-1837
Antiphon: He that is mighty hath magnified me: and holy is his Name.
1. My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.
2. For he hath regarded the lowliness of his handmaiden.
3. For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
4. For he that is mighty hath magnified me, and holy is his Name.
5. And his mercy is on them that fear him throughout all generations.
6. He hath showed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
7. He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble and meek.
8. He hath filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he hath sent empty away.
9. He remembering his mercy hath holpen his servant Israel, as he promised to our forefathers, Abraham and his seed for ever. [Ant.]
Glory to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. [Ant.]