The Hymnal 1982 318
Here, O my Lord, I see thee face to face
- Horatius Bonar, 1808-1889
- Warren Swenson, b. 1937
1. Here, O my Lord, I see thee face to face; here would I touch and handle things unseen; here grasp with firmer hand eternal grace, and all my weariness upon thee lean.
2. Here would I feed upon the Bread of God, here drink with thee the royal Wine of heaven; here would I lay aside each earthly load, here taste afresh the calm of sin forgiven.
3. I have no help but thine; nor do I need another arm save thine to lean upon; it is enough, my Lord, enough indeed; my strength is in thy might, thy might alone.
4. Mine is the sin, but thine the righteousness; mine is the guilt, but thine the cleansing Blood. Here is my robe, my refuge, and my peace; thy Blood, thy righteousness, O Lord, my God!