The Hymnal 1982 315
Thou, who at thy first Eucharist pray
- song 1
- William Harry Turton, 1856-1938
- Orland Gibbons, 1583-1625; Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1872-1958
1. Thou, who at thy first Eucharist didst pray that all thy Church might be for ever one, grant us at every Eucharist to say with longing heart and soul, “Thy will be done.” O may we all one bread, one body be, through this blest sacrament of unity.
2. For all thy Church, O Lord, we intercede; make thou our sad divisions soon to cease; draw us the nearer each to each, we plead, by drawing all to thee, O Prince of Peace; thus may we all one bread, one body be, through this blest sacrament of unity.
3. So, Lord, at length when sacraments shall cease, may we be one with all thy Church above, one with thy saints in one unbroken peace, one with thy saints in one unbounded love; more blessed still, in peace and love to be one with the Trinity in Unity.