The Hymnal 1982 313
Let thy Blood in mercy poured
- jesus, mein zubersicht
- John Brownlie, 1859-1925
- Johann Cruger, 1598-1662
- Tune Source(s)
- The Chorale Book for England, 1863 (harm. after)
1. Let thy Blood in mercy poured, let thy gracious Body broken, be to me, O gracious Lord, of thy boundless love the token.
Refrain: Thou didst give thyself for me, now I give myself to thee.
2. Thou didst die that I might live; blessed Lord, thou cam'st to save me; all that love of God could give Jesus by his sorrows gave me. (Refrain)
3. By the thorns that crowned thy brow, by the spear-wound and the nailing, by the pain and death, I now claim, O Christ, thy love unfailing. (Refrain)
4. Wilt thou own the gift I bring? All my penitence I give thee; thou art my exalted King, of thy matchless love forgive me. (Refrain)