The Hymnal 1982 269
Hail Mary, full of grace
- den des vaters sinn geboren
- Vincent Stuckey Stratton Coles, 1845-1929; F. Bland Tucker, 1895-1984
- Conrad Kocher, 1786-1872
- 126.96.36.199.8.7 with refrain
- Text Source(s)
- metrical Magnificat
1. Ye who claim the faith of Jesus, sing the wonders that were done when the love of God the Father over sin the victory won, when he made the Virgin Mary mother of his only Son.
2. Blessed were the chosen people out of whom the Lord did come; blessed was the land of promise fashioned for his earthly home; but more blessed far the mother, she who bare him in her womb.
3. Therefore let all faithful people sing the honor of her name; let the Church, in her foreshadowed, part in her thanksgiving claim; what Christ's mother sang in gladness let Christ's people sing the same.
4. [Protected by copyright]