The Hymnal 1982 252
Jesus! Name of wondrous love
- louez dieu
- William Walsham How, 1823-1897
- Tune Source(s)
- Les cent cinquante Pseaumes de David, 1564, alt.
1. Jesus! Name of wondrous love! Name all other names above! Unto which must every knee bow in deep humility.
2. Jesus! Name decreed of old to the maiden mother told, kneeling in her lowly cell, by the angel Gabriel.
3. Jesus! Name of priceless worth to the fallen of the earth, for the promise that it gave, “Jesus shall his people save.”
4. Jesus! Name of mercy mild, given to the holy child when the cup of human woe first he tasted here below.
5. Jesus! only Name that's given, under all the mighty heaven, whereby those to sin enslaved, burst their fetters and are saved.
6. Jesus! Name of wondrous love! Human Name of God above; pleading only this we flee, helpless, O our God, to thee.