The Hymnal 1982 251
O God, whom neither time nor space
- london new
- Horace Smith, 1836-1922
- John Playford, 1623-1686
- Text Source(s)
- Other authors also
- Tune Source(s)
- The Psalmes of David in Prose and Meeter, 1635, alt. (melody)
1. O God, whom neither time nor space can limit, hold, or bind, look down from heaven, thy dwelling place, with love for humankind.
2. Another year its course has run; thy loving care renew: forgive the ill that we have done, the good we failed to do.
3. In doubt or danger, all our days, be near to guard us still; let all our thoughts and all our ways be governed by thy will.
4. O help us here on earth to live from selfish passions free; to us at last in mercy give eternal life with thee.