The Hymnal 1982 244
Come, pure hearts, in joyful measure
- alles ist an gottes segen
- Robert Campbell, 1814-1868
- Johann Balthasar König, 1691-1758 ; Johan Löhner, 1645-1705; Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750
- Text Source(s)
- Latin, 12th Cent.; Hymns Ancient and Modern, 1861 (tr. after Robert Campbell)
1. Come, pure hearts, in joyful measure sing of those who spread the treasure in the holy Gospels shrined; blessèd tidings of salvation, peace on earth their proclamation, love from God to lost mankind.
2. See the rivers four that gladden, with their streams, the better Eden planted by our Lord most dear; Christ the fountain, these the waters; drink, O Zion's sons and daughters, drink, and find salvation here.
3. O that we, thy truth confessing, and thy holy word possessing, Jesus may thy love adore; unto thee our voices raising, thee with all thy ransomed praising, ever and forevermore.