The Hymnal 1982 210
The day of resurrection
- John of Damascus, 8th cent.; John Mason Neale, 1818-1866
- William Henry Monk, 1823-1889; Cyril Winn, 1884-1973
- 18.104.22.168 D
1. The day of resurrection! Earth, tell it out abroad; the Passover of gladness, the Passover of God. From death to life eternal, from earth unto the sky, our Christ hath brought us over, with hymns of victory.
2. Our hearts be pure from evil, that we may see aright the Lord in rays eternal of resurrection light; and, listening to his accents, may hear so calm and plain his own “All hail!” and, hearing, may raise the victor strain.
3. Now let the heavens be joyful, let earth her song begin, the round world keep high triumph, and all that is therein; let all things seen and unseen their notes in gladness blend, for Christ the Lord hath risen, our joy that hath no end.