The Hymnal 1982 195
Jesus lives! thy terrors now
- Christian Furchtegott Gellert, 1715-1769; Francis Elizabeth Cox, 1812-1897
- Cyril Vincent Taylor, 1907-
- 220.127.116.11 with alleluias
1. Jesus lives! thy terrors now can no longer, death, appall us; Jesus lives! by this we know thou, O grave, canst not enthrall us. Alleluia!
2. Jesus lives! for us he died; then, alone to Jesus living, pure in heart may we abide, glory to our Savior giving. Alleluia!
3. Jesus lives! our hearts know well nought from us his love shall sever; life, nor death, nor powers of hell tear us from his keeping ever. Alleluia!
4. Jesus lives! to him the throne over all the world is given: may we go where he has gone, rest and reign with him in heaven. Alleluia!