The Hymnal 1982 191
- lux eoi
- Christopher Wordsworth, 1807-1885
- Arthur Seymour Sullivan, 1842-1900
- 126.96.36.199 D
1. Alleluia, alleluia! Hearts and voices heavenward raise: sing to God a hymn of gladness, sing to God a hymn of praise. He, who on the cross a victim, for the world's salvation bled, Jesus Christ, the King of Glory, now is risen from the dead.
2. Now the iron bars are broken, Christ from death to life is born, glorious life, and life immortal, on his resurrection morn. Christ has triumphed, and we conquer by his mighty enterprise: we with him to life eternal by his resurrection rise.
3. Christ is risen, Christ the first-fruits of the holy harvest field, which will all its full abundance at his second coming yield: then the golden ears of harvest will their heads before him wave, ripened by his glorious sunshine, from the furrows of the grave.
4. Christ is risen, we are risen! Shed upon us heavenly grace, rain, and dew, and gleams of glory from the brightness of thy face; that, with hearts in heaven dwelling, we on earth may fruitful be, and by angel hands be gathered, and be ever, Lord, with thee.
5. Alleluia, alleluia! Glory be to God on high; Alleluia! to the Saviour, who has won the victory; Alleluia! to the Spirit, fount of love and sanctity; Alleluia, alleluia! to the Triune Majesty.