The Hymnal 1982 184
- christ ist erstanden
- Michael Weisse, 1480-1534; Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878
- Hans Leo Hassler, 1564-1612
- 220.127.116.11.4 with refrain
- Tune Source(s)
- Geistliche Lieder, 1533 (melody)
1. Christ the Lord is risen again! Christ hath broken every chain! Now through all the world it rings that the Lamb in King of kings. Alleluia!
Refrain: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia! Christ, our Paschal lamb indeed, Christ, today your people feed. Alleluia!
2. He who gave for us his life, who for us endured the strife, takes our sin and guilt away that with angels we may say: Alleluia! (Refrain)
3. He who bore all pain and loss comfortless upon the cross is exalted now to save, wresting victory from the grave. Alleluia! (Refrain)