The Hymnal 1982 163
Sunset to sunrise changes now
- Clement of Alexandria, 170?-220?; Howard Chandler Robbins, 1876-1952
- Elkanah Kelsay Dare, 1792-1826; Alec Wyton, 1921-
1. Sunset to sunrise changes now, for God doth make his world anew; on the Redeemer's thorn-crowned brow the wonders of that dawn we view.
2. E'en though the sun withholds its light, lo! a more heavenly lamp shines here, and from the cross on Calvary's height gleams of eternity appear.
3. Here in o'er-whelming final strife the Lord of life hath victory, and sin is slain, and death brings life, and earth inherits heaven's key.