The Hymnal 1982 128
O star of wonder, star of night
- three kings of orient
- John Henry Hopkins, Jr. 1820-1891
- John Henry Hopkins, Jr., 1820-1891
- 188.8.131.52.6 with refrain
1. We three kings of Orient are, bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star.
Refrain: O star of wonder, star of night, star with royal beauty bright; westward leading, still proceeding, guide us to thy perfect light!
2. Born a King on Bethlehem's plain, gold I bring to crown him again, King for ever, ceasing never over us all to reign. (Refrain)
3. Frankincense to offer have I: incense owns a Deity nigh; prayer and praising, gladly raising, worship him, God Most High. (Refrain)
4. Myrrh is mine; its bitter perfume breathes a life of gathering gloom; sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying, sealed in the stone-cold tomb. (Refrain)
5. Glorious now behold him arise, King and God and Sacrifice; heaven sings alleluia: alleluia the earth replies. (Refrain)