The Hymnal 1982 116
“I come,” the great Redeemer cries
- this endris nyght
- Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1872-1958
- Text Source(s)
- Christian Hymnbook, 1863, alt.
1. “I come,” the great Redeemer cries, “To do thy will, O Lord!” At Jordan's stream, behold! He seals the sure prophetic word.
2. “Thus it becomes to fulfill all righteousness,” he said. Then, faithful to the Lord's commands, through Jordan's flood was led.
3. Hark, a glad voice! The Father speaks from heaven's exalted height: “This is my Son, my well-beloved in whom I take delight.”
4. The Savior Jesus, well-beloved! His Name we will profess, like him desirous to fulfill God's will in righteousness.
5. No more we'll count ourselves our own but his in bonds of love. Oh, may such bonds for ever draw our souls to things above!