The Hymnal 1982 108
Now yield we thanks and praise to Christ
- was frag' ich nach der welt
- Howard Chandler, Robbins, 1876-1952
- Ahasuerus Fritsch, 1629-1701; Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1759
1. Now yield we thanks and praise to Christ enthroned in glory, and on this day of days tell out redemption’s story, who truly have believed that on this blessèd morn, in holiness conceived, the Son of God was born.
2. What tribute shall we pay to him who came in weakness, and in a manger lay to teach His people meekness? Let every house be bright; let praises never cease; with mercies infinite our Christ hath brought us peace.